NEW HERE? CONNECT
We know and understand that decision of choosing your Church or even looking for one to visit can be a little overwhelming. Below we have complied a list of Questions you might have and the corresponding responses:
- What time is your Sunday worship service?
- Where are your Sunday services held?
- Do you offer children’s church?
- What is the typical Sunday attire?
- Who leads the church?
- How do I join Global Restoration Church?
- How can I serve in one of the Church’s ministries?
- How long does worship service normally last?
- Do you hold a mid-week service?
- What is a Baby Blessing?
- When & where are baby blessings held?
- How do I schedule my baby’s blessing?
- Do I need to check in for the baby blessing?
- Do I need to be a member of your church to have my baby blessed?
- If I am a single parent, may I still have my baby blessed?
- Being a new Christian, I am a little nervous about all of this.
- Can I take photos or record during the baby blessings?
- What if I need to be baptized?
1000 Harry Byrd Highway
Building LW Room 116
Sterling, VA 20164
3. Your children are welcome to attend service with you or go to Sunday School in Solomon’s Chapel where they will be taught the Word of God in an age-appropriate way. SC welcomes kids from 2 years to 5th grade. The middle and high schoolers can enjoy power packed worship in our “New Passion for Purpose Ministry”.
4. At Global Restoration Church you will see a variety of styles – from suits and dresses to slacks and jeans. The most important thing is to come dressed in a way that is comfortable to worship God. Our dress codes are formal, semi-formal and “casual, but godly.”
5. Under the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit, Senior Pastor Rafi M Reynolds leads Global Restoration Church.
6. Joining a church is a big decision, and we are honored that you have decided to join connect with Global Restoration Church. You have several options. Toward the end of each of our worship services, an altar call is extended for people to join, repent and/or accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. This is one of the best times to get connected to our church. At any of our church service you can fill out a request to speak with our pastor. Finally, you can call us at 571-207-0479 or 703-424-6300 to be assessed by phone.
7. There are more than one ministry available for our members to serve in. If you are not sure which ministry to join, you might consider attending our Biblical Building Block For Faith (New Members) classes to learn more about the different ministries to see which one best fits you. Also, you can obtain our Ministry Listing brochure from the usher to see when the various ministry meetings are held.
8. Our regular worship service is approximately one hour.
9. Currently we have a Wednesdays teleconference prayer meeting and word of encouragement at 7:45 pm.
10. Baby blessing is the act of giving back to God the gift He has given to parents. It is an act of worship, thanksgiving, dependence, trust and commitment. The practice of baby blessing has been modeled throughout the Bible. For example, Hannah brought her long-awaited son Samuel to the priest Eli to dedicate him to the Lord (1 Samuel 1:24-28). Mary and Joseph brought baby Jesus to the temple for His dedication (Luke 2:22-24).We recognize that salvation only comes to a child through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Therefore, it is not passed on to a child through baby blessing. Parents commit to raise their children by modeling godly principles with the desire that one day they will receive Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
11. Baby blessings are generally held on the third Sunday of each month immediately following the service. There are a few exceptions contingent upon the Global Restoration Church’s calendar.
12. Registration is required for baby blessings. You may schedule your child for upcoming baby blessings at contact us at 571-207-0479. Please note: Baby blessings can be scheduled up to four months in advance if space is available.
13. Yes. You should arrive at the Worship Center by 9:45 a.m. Report to the Ministry Support Personnel to check in and pickup your baby blessing certificate.
14. You need to be a member of Global Restoration Church to have your baby blessed. However, our Senior Pastor will assess other situations on a case by case basis.
15. Absolutely! A parent’s marital status has no bearing on the baby being dedicated to the Lord. The Parent of each baby being dedicated will need to have a prior meeting with our Senior Pastor and First Lady.
16. Baby blessings are a joyous occasion. If you are a new Christian, we are delighted to be a part of this important step in your newly found walk with Jesus. Our intent is to come alongside of you and help ensure that the baby blessing is an easy going process. We pray that your child’s blessing is significant and rewarding to you and your family.
17. Participants are asked not to take pictures or video during the baby blessing service. However, photos may be taken upon completion of the baby blessing service. For your family’s archive and viewing pleasure, a complimentary copy of the baby blessing video DVD is mailed to the individual who registered the child within 14 days after the baby blessing.
18. It is important that baptism occur after a person has made a conscious decision to repent of their sins and profess their faith and accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. For more information, you can call our church line at 703-424-6300
Northern Virginia Community College
1000 Harry Flood Byrd Highway,
Building LW Room 116 Sterling VA 20164